Picture of the author
Topic :
Thread Created at Invalid date | Started by
Number of Post in this thread: 11Please Sign In to comment on this Thread
Brent_Allsop replied 2 years ago (Sep 27th 2021, 10:19:55 pm)

Sorry, that URL got corrupted.  Here is a good pointer to the version of the camp statement with the list of all the language topics.

Brent_Allsop replied 2 years ago (Sep 27th 2021, 10:14:56 pm)

Sunny has created all the language topics so they can all be voted on, today.  The list is in the camp statement, but it hasn’t gone live yet.  Here is the version of the statement with the list.

As we discussed, if everyone could vote, by the end of Tuesday, then the leading consensus at the end of the day will be our decisions for each language.

Iffort replied 2 years ago (Sep 22nd 2021, 2:40:17 am)

Thank you Brent for clarifying the doubts and creating the agenda.

Brent_Allsop replied 2 years ago (Sep 22nd 2021, 1:16:50 am)

Oh, also I created a “Canonizer Plans” google doc and added a schedule of current meeting times and an agenda for the upcoming meetings.  Anyone is free to add agenda items for upcoming meetings.  I also added a list of positions I think we need, as suggested by Sunny with Iffort.  If people that are interested in those positions could add their names, hopefully we will get all position filled, that would be great.

Brent_Allsop replied 2 years ago (Sep 22nd 2021, 1:11:48 am)

Sunny with Iffort had some great questions about my last post, so thought I’d try to clarify a bit more.  Basically, I’m asking for a proposal of work your team thinks needs to be done, at about the current scale (about 5 full time people each team) then indicate how much that will cost for the month of October.  We can negotiate a bit, if needed, but I expect things should work out.  Then we will do the same for continued months after that.  And if there is enough money, possibly grow the size of teams that are really contributing to the hard tasks.

Does that make sense and sound like the best way to accomplish our goal of bringing the world together and providing a trusted source of wiki information?

Brent_Allsop replied 2 years ago (Sep 20th 2021, 10:24:58 pm)

Hello everyone.

It is exciting to see everyone working together to push things forward.  My current thinking is that we’d like to employ all 4 companies, at about the current size.  It seems that each team has about the equivalent of 5 full time people, at different levels of expertise, working on this so far.


Would it work to have everyone send an invoice for the upcoming month of October, itemizing who is working on what, and how much that will cost for that month?  Then we could proceed the same way, every month after that.  Possibly adjusting sizes as needed.


One way or another, would love to hear from all 4 teams as to whether you think this is a good idea.



Brent_Allsop replied 2 years ago (Sep 7th 2021, 10:57:59 pm)

Hello everyone, thanks for all the work you guys continue to do to push things forward.

Just FYI, We had a very productive meeting with the Iffort team this morning, for which Sunny provided this wonderful list of “Meeting minutes, along with actin points:”


* Iffort will prepare the draft JSON structure of the Canonizer service and share by next week.

* Iffort will install & configure the code and understand the existing code structure.

* From next week onwards, Iffort will pickup the bugs/issues/changes and start discussing them with rest of the Canonizer team.

* Sunny will create a sub-camp - Core Design Architecture and put designs into it.

* If Iffort and team can help improve HELP & other open sections, it can earn Iffort Brownie points.

* Sunny will be a part of next weekly meeting on 13th Sep 21, 8:00 am IST. Brent to share further details.

* Brent will share the email IDs of the team members so that project level discussion can be initiated.


Just wanted everyone to know all this.  I’d like to start a supper camp where people start specifying the design.  The first team to put up a camp design, everyone else after that will be expected to collaboratively improve, criticize, and so on what the first team submits.  Hopefully, by the end of September we will all know the design of the goal system for canonizer to develop, as specified in this super camp statement.  I currently believe a critical part of this design is the specification of the JSON Topic, camp, supporter, tree structure this service will provide.  I would hope that all design proposals would include this canonizer service into the designs.


Also, I’ve asked the Iffort team (and likewise, it'd be great if each team could do the same) to start some of the engineers setting up development environments so they can start picking issues to resolved from the github issues list.  To then notify me of an issue they’d like to get started on, then I will pull our engineers into an e-mail chain to which will hopefully start leading to pull request to the code base, so the issues can be closed.

Also, we have weekly engineering team meetings, at 8:00 am India Standard time every Monday morning.  It’d be great if people from your teams could start attending these weekly meetings and discuss getting started on fixing these issues, with our current team.


Finally, I’d like to setup at least one more private meeting with your team, ASAP hopefully before that next Monday Morning meeting, to go over more of this kind of “how do we move forward?” stuff.  After that we may setup meetings with all teams, together, at a regularly scheduled time, so stuff like the above doesn’t need to be repeated for each team, some teams possibly getting an unfair advantage, happening to have a better meeting.

Talentelgia replied 2 years ago (Sep 2nd 2021, 10:07:46 am)

Hi Brent,

After review in detail how canonizer works i have submitted camp with company name " Talentelgia Technologies ". Please review my proposal and let me know if anything needs to be changed.



Iffort replied 2 years ago (Sep 1st 2021, 3:45:11 pm)

Thank you, Brent. I have made changes to the opening lines and revised the camp statement as per your suggestion. Would you please let me know if there are any more changes you would like to suggest?

Brent_Allsop replied 2 years ago (Sep 1st 2021, 2:44:11 am)

Opps, that should have been 'implied in the "create new camp here" button', but the markers were taken as comment.