Picture of the author
Topic :
Thread Created at Invalid date | Started by
Number of Post in this thread: 1Please Sign In to comment on this Thread
Brent_Allsop replied 16 years ago (Dec 3rd 2007, 7:00:46 pm)
Michael, I highly value your POV being expressed and supported in the Canonizer on this Unfriendly AI issue. But I am concerned that there is a possibility that your POV might not be properly represented in it's current location in the POV structure. You state: "An SI that was ignorant or uncaring of our interests could do us enormous damage without intending it." I think most people would consider such an ignorant AI, to be unfriendly. So, to me, this implies you do feel that on some level there is good reason for a fear of, or at least an interest in taking some amount of caution because of such beliefs? If that is true, then your statement should probably be moved from its current location where it is supporting the "Such Fear is Mistaken" camp. In the Canonizer, when you "support" a camp, it implies that you also completely agree with everything stated in all parent camps up to and including the agreement statement. In the current structure, you are counted as being one of the 6 supporters of the "Such Concern is Mistaken" camp. If all this is true, then I would think your statement would better stand as a competitor sibling to the "Such Concern is Mistaken" camp structure. In that case, it will more appropriately show your difference of opinion on this issue? Thanks, Brent Allsop